Throughout our lives, we accrue a number of different assets ranging from property, investments, vehicles, and items that hold a significant value. While some of these stick with us throughout the course of our lives, others dwindle away. But, when it comes time to decide how our transfer of wealth is going to be handled, if you wish to have a say in how this process is carried out, then you must ensure your will and estate plan is complete, accurate, and abides by all legal guidelines.
While many individuals push off the task of getting their will drafted until a later date, the fact is, we never know what tomorrow brings. What if you engage in a serious car accident and can no longer make life decisions pertaining to your health or other financial obligations? What if you are separated from your current husband and are dating someone you wish to leave all of your assets to? Things like this make the process of probating an estate much more difficult than it needs to be, however, without your word stating how you want this done, there is only one choice and that is to have your assets passed down based on state statutes.
If you are ready to get an estate plan put into place that will determine how and when your beneficiaries and other heirs receive their assets, then it is time you connect with an estate planning attorney in Kansas today.
Why Should I Hire a Kansas Estate Planning Law Firm?
There are several benefits that come along with hiring a will and trust lawyer. Some of these include:
- Ensuring your will and trust accounts are set up correctly, and contain valid information that conforms to Kansas state laws.
- Prepare all the necessary paperwork that must be filed.
- Help you decide what aspects you want to look for in an individual when assigning power of attorney.
- Provide you with the facts regarding a trust and whether or not you should set one up.
- Help you compile a list of all your assets and who will receive what.
- Help you get a living will have drafted in the event an accident occurs and you can no longer make financial decisions.
You see, not only can a trust and estate plan lawyer assist with this process as they work in this field on a continual basis and can provide you the answers to any questions you may have, but they know the laws and will make certain your will and estate plan is valid and will be carried out when that time comes.
We are familiar with what makes an estate planning attorney perfect for the job and feature some of the best in the field. Simply browse through those found on our site and get connected with them immediately.